Iowa Basement Tapes #12 - 9/20/18
Filed under "News Items"
More articles »
Thursday, September 20, 2018
Iowa Basement Tapes #12 - 9/20/2018
Night Listeners of 98.9FM KFMG -
Tonight I cracked open the show with one of my favorite tracks from self-titled LP by The Horrors. The riff on this song gives me goosebumps everytime I jam it. I introduce some new bands into the mix including Mold, The Twelve Canons and Anthon Worden. A few tracks on tonight's program are of lower quality then we are used to playing. One of them imparticular, is a track by The Problems, one of Ed Nehring's many musical projects dating back to 1979. A mention I need to make is my discovery of the surf rockers, Steve Reverb and the Sound Tones which features my buddy Justin Beahm from Cedar Rapids/Marion on drums. If you miss the broadcast make sure to subscribe to podcast edition on iTunes | Google Play | Stitcher.
- The Horrors - "Back in the Cut" / The Horrors (Cedar Rapids)
- Mold - "Danger UXB" / Mold (Cedar Rapids)
- Captain Three Leg - "Statler & Waldorf" / Split with Vanishing Cities (Ottumwa)
- Anthony Worden - "Something" /Ideal Conceptions of the Beautiful and Good (Iowa City)
- Fetal Pig - "Invalid" / 1996 Cassette EP (Des Moines)
- Red Throb - "My Gun" / Bend Over Here Comes... (Iowa City)
- The Problems - "Track 1" / The Problems (Iowa City)
- Beef Wellington - "I Tried" / Tender & Juicy (Cedar Rapids)
- Old Man Charlie - "Absent King" / The Absent King of the Earth (Des Moines)
- Steve Reverb and the Sound Tones - "Whiskey Shake" / Tiki Run (Ottumwa/Cedar Rapids)
- CR Dicks - "Gyro Hut" / Go In (Cedar Rapids)
- The Unlimited - "Feelings" / Feelings/Gone Away (Council Bluffs)
- Samuel Locke Ward & the Band They Could Not Hang - "A Cancer of Stupidity" / Country & Western Funeral The Lame Years Vol. 10 (Iowa City)
- The Twelve Canons - "Sacrifice" / Volume Four: Sacrifice (Des Moines)
- Wax Canon - "A Hundred Days" / I'm Afraid of Birds (Iowa City)
- Soul Drain - "Clear" / A Few Works After Drink - Iowa Compilation Vol 5 (Altoona)
NOTE: The following comments area below is designed for you to leave comments only.
If you have a question or need to contact us, please Contact Us by clicking HERE, and we will be able to respond to you directly that way.
Leave Your Comments
We welcome your comments. Please leave your ideas and opinions below.