Iowa Basement Tapes #22 - 11/29/18
Filed under "News Items"
More articles »
Thursday, November 29, 2018
Iowa Basement Tapes #22 - 11/29/2018
This week I am in the KFMG studios with studio manger Gary Monte interviewing filmmaker Jack Meggers about his life in Mason City during the grunge era of the 90s. We play his band Ming's Daughter as well as fellow northern Iowa bands Todd's Neat Futons and Sorry Excuse. Jack left Iowa for fifteen years and returned in 2014 where he was reintroduced to Iowa's music scene. He brings on a handful of tracks that have inspired in creatively since returning to the state.
- Waverly - "Stop This" / Fledging (Iowa City)
- The Bends - "3AT" / Live at Gabes 04-30-2003 (Cedar Rapids)
- The Roughhousers - "Feed You're Standing On" / Woodchip Soul (Iowa City)
- Ming's Daughter - "Marathon Prophet" / Demo (Mason City)
- Todds Neat Futons - "?" / Demo (Belmond)
- Sorry Excuse - "?" / Demo (Mason City)
- Dylan Sires & Neighbors - "Good Ol Boy" / Someone (Waterloo)
- Love Songs For Lonely Monsters - "Ganglion Sister" / Love Songs For Lonely Monsters (Des Moines)
- Condor & Jay Bird - "Lightbringer 5" / God Wants Us To Do What God Wants Us To Do (Quad Cities)
- Mint - "Confusion" / Chemical (Des Moines)
- Dylan Sires - "Get You" / Previously Unreleased (Des Moines)
NOTE: The following comments area below is designed for you to leave comments only.
If you have a question or need to contact us, please Contact Us by clicking HERE, and we will be able to respond to you directly that way.
Leave Your Comments
We welcome your comments. Please leave your ideas and opinions below.