Iowa Basement Tapes #42 - 4/18/19
Filed under "News Items"
More articles »
Thursday, April 18, 2019
Iowa Basement Tapes #42 - 4/18/2019
Night Listeners -
I am all over the place tonight with tunes from every part of the state: Sioux City, Des Moines, Waterloo, Waverly, Cedar Rapids, Iowa City, Clinton, Keokuk, and Dubuque. I was presented with an email earlier in the week from Bensmasher sharing with me some really interesting finds. One of the most interesting is a group from Clinton called Mississippi Belle. Two boat captains who made a record using a keyboard a drum machine. I love this stuff.
Iowa Basement Tapes has its own archive of Iowa music. Be sure to check out iowabasementtapes.bandcamp.com and download any of the releases for free.
Hear us every Thursday at 9PM on 98.9FM KFMG - Des Moines & KCOE - Coe College Cedar Rapids. You can now hear us every Friday at 11PM on 90.3FM KWIT - Sioux City & 90.7FM KOJI - Okoboji. If you miss the show please subscribe to the podcast archives: https://apple.co/2MzdH5e
- Finally Some Action - "Motorama" / Finally Some Action (Keokuk)
- Twins - "Teenage Grenade" / Square America (Waterloo)
- Karen Meat & The Vahnevants - "All Thumbs" / Karen Meats The Vahnevants (Des Moines)
- Akasha - "Madame Operator" / First Flight: First Annual Iowa Album (Cedar Rapids)
- Spidercake - "The Vulture Swirl of the Blue Shell" / Spidercake (Des Moines)
- Elizabeth Moen - "Matilda" / A Million Miles Away (Iowa City)
- Black Death Jet Set - "Electricity" / Electricity (Sioux City)
- Erik Johnson - "Sister Sky Brother Moon" / The Moon and the Sea (Waverly)
- Annalibera -"Coming" / Loveil (Des Moines)
- Mississippi Belle - "Life of a Garfish" / Mississippi Belle (Clinton)
- Brooks Strause - "Lover Be Still" / Acid Casual (Iowa City)
- Telekinetic Yeti - "Electronaut" / Abominable (Dubuque)
NOTE: The following comments area below is designed for you to leave comments only.
If you have a question or need to contact us, please Contact Us by clicking HERE, and we will be able to respond to you directly that way.
Leave Your Comments
We welcome your comments. Please leave your ideas and opinions below.