Iowa Basement Tapes #45 - 5/9/19
Filed under "News Items"
More articles »
Thursday, May 9, 2019
Iowa Basement Tapes #45 - 5/9/2019
Night Listeners -
I feel like I have avoided playing tunes from Ames because I have always thought that the music from that city was extremely self indulgent. But I have come to love that about Ames. So tonight I got some new tunes from Stars Hollow. They do some loud emo pop stuff that some of you might enjoy. I also have two tunes from the new Traffic Death / Captain Three Leg split 12". One from each band that will rip your face right off.
Iowa Basement Tapes has its own archive of Iowa music. Be sure to check out iowabasementtapes.bandcamp.com and download any of the releases for free.
Hear us every Thursday at 9PM on 98.9FM KFMG - Des Moines & KCOE - Coe College Cedar Rapids. You can now hear us every Friday at 11PM on 90.3FM KWIT - Sioux City & 90.7FM KOJI - Okoboji. If you miss the show please subscribe to the podcast archives: https://apple.co/2MzdH5e
- Movable Feast - "The End of the World" / Live at the Laughing Iguana 1989 (Des Moines)
- Stars Hollow - "It's Not That" / Happy Again (Ames)
- The Pestilents - "Praise God" / Obedience is Suicide (Cedar Rapids)
- Desalin - "Eternally Mine" / Desolate (Cedar Rapids)
- Annalibera - "Opia" / Opia (Des Moines)
- Traffic Death - "Buy the Ticket" / Split with Captain Three Leg (Des Moines)
- Captain Three Leg - "Paranoia Sales Pitch" Split with Traffic Death (Ottumwa)
- 3 Finger Betty - "Big Time Operator" (Dead Milkman) / Live at the Val Air Ballroom (Des Moines)
- Fat Bertha & the Love Shakers - "Open Your Eyes" / Golden Memories and Other Disasters - Iowa Compilation Vol. 4 (Des Moines)
- Finally Some Action - "The Beyond" / Circuits of Time EP (Keokuk)
- X-Ray Mary - "Taste of Hate" / Basement Tapes Vol. 4 - Astral TV Dinner (Ottumwa)
- Elizabeth Moen - "Time is a Shitty Friend" / A Million Miles Away (Iowa City)
- Telekinetic Yeti - "Lightbearer" / Abominable (Dubuque)
NOTE: The following comments area below is designed for you to leave comments only.
If you have a question or need to contact us, please Contact Us by clicking HERE, and we will be able to respond to you directly that way.
Leave Your Comments
We welcome your comments. Please leave your ideas and opinions below.